Welcome to Freedom Martial Arts
Why Choose Freedom Martial Arts?
Some Of The Many Benefits Of TaeKwonDo!
- Focusing and Listening – Taekwondo will build your child’s attention span teaching them to focus on the task at hand while improving their listening and reaction skills. As a result, your child will excel in physical activity, improve their ability to stay focused, and become an astute listener in the dojo, at home, and in school.
- Self-Defense – Basic Techniques include proper exercise form, punching, kicking, blocking, and evasion techniques. Our Instructors stress when kids need to USE Self-Defense. We don’t use Taekwondo on our friends and family!
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Building – Having measurable goals is an effective way to instill confidence in and out of the classroom and set the path for accomplishments in the future. Through belt levels and tournament competition, students can be proud of their work at every level.
- Self-Control and Good Decision Making – Self-Control refers to the training that one gives one’s self to accomplish a specific task or to adopt a particular pattern of behavior, even though one is unfocused or would rather be doing something else. For example, when your child has learned to listen and pay attention in class while listening to the teacher instead of talking to his friend next to him he has demonstrated the ability to control himself while making the good decision to do so.
- Memorization and Retention – Learning Forms and Basics and Self-Defense takes a lot of brain power. Adults and kids will improve in complex pattern solving as they challenge the brain and body to coordinate together.
- Self-Discipline and Responsibility – Being a TaeKwonDo student involves remembering to complete practice assignments, having gear clean and ready, and having their belt and uniform on. It may take awhile, but students will learn to prepare in advance.
- Physical Fitness and Healthy Living – It is important for children to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit at an early age. Being physically fit is a necessity for any martial artist, but more importantly the sooner we enforce this concept the healthier your child will be now and the less difficult it will be to stay physically fit as they grow older.
- Research – “People who continue to practice the martial arts for prolonged periods are different from the general populace in these ways: they have a lower level of anxiety; an increased sense of responsibility; they are less likely to be radical; they have an increased level of self-esteem; and they are more socially intelligent.” (Source – Psychology Today, May 1985.)
Schedule a FREE Trial!
Schedule a FREE Trial!
Freedom Martial Arts of Plano has served the homeschooling community for over 13 years. We happily come alongside families that want to instill strength and good character in their children through physical activity. Moving through belt levels students are challenged to learn their forms and basics, to obey their parents, and to set helpfulness goals at home as part of their advancement.
Taekwondo is a sport where families spanning all ages can train together in an encouraging atmosphere. We are proud to have moms and dads earn their new belts along with their children who, in some instances, are higher ranked.
Our influence has expanded to reach children in the Plano Schools and surrounding areas. We encourage our students to train and grow in self-confidence and self-defense skills, which are essential skills to help counter bullying a severe problem facing young people today. Students also experience accomplishment through belt advancement and mentoring from Yirme and the Black Belt Leadership Team.
This class is designed for children from 4-6 years old. During gameplay and exercising, children learn to listen to instruction, take turns, and learn to balance and control their bodies. Each class is different and designed to engage them
We offer advanced martial arts weapons classes with instructor approval. Eskrima and Bow Staff incorporate learned martial arts and proper weapons forms.
Private lessons are available for an extra fee for those wishing to improve in sparring or pre-tournament training.
Tenants of TaeKwonDo
Tenants of TaeKwonDo
My boys have been coming to Freedom Martial Arts for about six months now and they LOVE it! They never tire of going to practice and there is never a fight to get out the door. Yirme is an excellent instructor who knows his art and students well. I am amazed by how mature he is and how well he knows his students and keeps up with their progress. Working with Robyn has been a delight. She is so attentive to the needs of the parents and keeps up with all the equipment and in’s and out’s of the dojo. I wholeheartedly recommend Freedom Martial Arts to everyone.Angel Hargrave
910 W Parker Rd, Suite 190
Plano, TX 75075
Get In Touch
Freedom Martial Arts of Plano
FMA is located in Town Square Plaza on the side facing Alma Dr.